Little Red Riding Hood is different than most other fairy tale stories. It veers away from the common theme of enchantment and magical wonderment and provides a more important moral lesson as it also strives to educate children about society and the “real world.” Children would be better served by a fairy tale if given a message that is more beneficial to their knowledge and safety than an unrealistic story indicating that every life ends up “happily ever after.” The newly produced movie picture version, Red Riding Hood, in a more adult context, brings to eye these safety warnings that you cannot trust everyone you meet and not everything is as it appears. This new movie examines what is more crippling to the human psyche, fear of the unknown or false understanding of the familiar as the menace resides in, not a conniving, wild and unpredictable animal, but rather in a scheming human being masquerading as the fearsome canis lupus.
What do you think?
So, you're arguing that the new movie DOES follow through on the original tales' intent (moral)? I think it sounds great!
ReplyDeleteI agree with ^^. However, as a reader, I couldnt help but read your introduction twice in order to find and interpret what you were trying to say in your thesis. After reading it a second time, I got it, but I feel like I should be able to understand immediately. It might be just me, I'm not 100% sure of that yet. Good stuff man.
ReplyDelete